Saturday, December 29, 2007

Will it happen again?

Remember last year??
Hrithik Roshan was awarded the best actor award for Dhoom 2. (Probably, the most shameful verdict in the history of Filmfare)
Whatever!!
The emotions raised even by RDB and Lage Raho had died down by the end of the year and the movie which came last won it all.

Ok...Everyone has watched TZP and has passed the verdict that Darsheel should get all the awards. Everybody feels that he was awesome which honestly, I do as well. He is brilliant.

But, I have read a million posts which have actually started villainizing SRK just because he is one of the frontrunners to win the award. There are articles which use the words 'safer route'(for the award orgenisers) if SRK wins the award for CDI.

I saw CDI recently yesterday and even after watching it for the 4th time, I was moved by all the emotions the movie attempted to portray. SRK looks great everytime and never so you get bored even though you've seen it all before. I somehow doubt you could watch TZP more than maybe twice or thrice.

And though Darsheel was awesome, watching CDI again made me feel that SRK should win it coz of the sheer effortlessness with which he essays his role.

So, those of you out there....please don't get carried away with the TZP craze just bcoz the CHAK DE craze has died down. IF at all, make a judgement only after you've seen CDI(and some other movies) again to make it fair.
And remember that Darsheel has the advantage of being loved more since he is a kid.
If at all, make a decision only if you feel that he was better(As it is, Aamir taught him xactly how to do every scene).

It was a bit unfair last year to RDB and LAGE RAHO and story may repeat itself this year with SRK and AKSHAYE (for Gandhi My Father) being on the losing end.

In any case, I strongly feel that Darsheel and not Aamir should be nominated. It will be a complete tragedy it Darsheel is left out and guessing by Aamir's stand, he would support this viewpoint as well.

1 comment:

a_kh....... said...

oye navneeta tu to movie freak hai be